Mount Calvary Lutheran Church is committed to meeting the needs of our neighbors by providing this ministry of tutoring and mentoring that is FREE OF CHARGE for low income families (Based on Federal Free Lunch guidelines). Our hope is that children become more successful in school and are better equipped for making the most of the lives they have been given!
When is Rebecca’s Garden @ Mount Calvary? Every Tuesday (beginning August 16th) from 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm (We will keep the same break calendar as HCBE). We expect students to attend every Tuesday!
What happens at Rebecca’s Garden @ Mount Calvary? Each week students will…
- Have some playtime as they arrive
- Receive a snack
- Work with a tutor to complete homework
- Work with a tutor for deeper subject help (In either Reading, Math, English, or keyboard skills)
- Have dinner
- Receive Life Skills Tutoring
- Receive rewards & game time
- Have access to our computer lab for homework
- Be cared for & mentored by members of Mount Calvary Lutheran Church!
- In addition we have special trips at the end of each semester (like Rigby’s, Johnny G’s, etc.).
The Application Process: Parents (or caregivers) must fill out an RG@MC application form, giving us permission to work with your child and telling us a little about him/her.
(1) The form requires basic contact information (name, address, phone number, social security number, etc.), medical information (insurance, allergies, etc.), and a permission slip for RG@MC activities.
(2) We will also need a current assessment of how your child is doing in school. (Recent report card or any IEP your child has.)
Transportation: We realize that many families might not have a vehicle to get their child to RG@MC. As a result, we will be offering transportation for students from Russel, Shirley Hills, and Miller elementary school. We will pick them up from school and bring them to the tutoring center. At the end of the evening we will bring the children home. This service is available to the first 12 youth who register from each of the 3 elementary schools. If your child is not one of the initial 12 children who sign-up or if they attend a different school they can still attend Rebecca’s Garden, parents will just have to provide transportation.
Contact Pete LeBorious at (478) 919-3723 or Karen Harmon at (478) 218-4413 if you have any questions regarding Rebecca’s Garden of Hope @ Mount Calvary.